Saturday, May 14, 2011

Our First Mother's Day


My first Mothers Day was, in short, FANTASTIC!

It actually started the day before when my dear friend Julie, had her baby girl! Julie and I went through everything pregnancy related together and I was overjoyed she was going to be a mom on Mother's Day! We are so excited for you, Akins, Adalyn is beautiful! 

It started out with breakfast in bed and during breakfast I opened my sweet cards from Leighton, my own fabulous mother and my dear friend Ashley. (So sweet of you to send me a card, Ash!)

I also received some GORGEOUS flowers. And some chocolate!

Then I got to take a lonnngg hot shower without any interruptions. (All you mothers out there know what a treasure this is!)

We headed to church. Where Leighton was perfect in the nursery, once again. (This was probably the best gift!) She seems to be growing out of the "only wants mommy" phase which is bittersweet, but I am sure it's a phase that will be revisited. The church service was wonderful and it was so neat (and still, a little strange) to stand when they asked all of the mothers to do so.

After church we came home and Leighton went straight to bed because she was wonderfully exhausted (Thank you, nursery workers!)

We had lunch and then he gave me a heavenly back rub and then I was told to go outside and relax in the hammock (something I have been saying I've been longing to do, lately.) I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing, perfect Mother's Day!

It's still sometimes hard to believe I am a mother! Thank you, Jesus, for the gift of being a mother. It's the most difficult, yet rewarding thing I have ever done and I wouldn't trade it for one minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment