Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'll Have a Pink Christmas


                                     Leighton's "1st Christmas"

I truly cannot believe Christmas has already come and gone? Wasn't it just last week that we had beautiful, warm weather... oh wait, it was. Only in Alabama can you have 60 degree weather one day and snow flurries the next. No wonder people are getting so sick. Thank the good Lord, all the McGhee household is healthy, a blessing to be counted, for sure. Also, I'd like to add with all the "global warming" talk these last couple of years, it feels good to know that I serve the God who controls the weather and global warming is simply not something I worry myself with. (stepping off soap box)

We had an absolutely wonderful Christmas! We survived seven (yes, I said seven) rounds of celebrating. And when I say "we" survived, I mean everyone but my feet. Poor things were so swollen but nothing a lot of water and a little pillow propage couldn't fix. Santa brought us everything we wanted; time with our family to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas and basically just things we needed for our baby girl. We wouldn't have had it any other way. We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas as well!



We are now over 30 weeks along, which seems impossible, but it is definitely true. At 30 weeks Leighton is about 15.7 inches long and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). About a pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that amount will decrease as she gets bigger over the following ten-ish weeks. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not great just yet. It actually won't fully develop until a little while after she's born.

Well, the nursery is painted, and has new carpet. Our wonderful in laws are delivering our furniture to us not this weekend but the next and hopefully, we can get the chair molding up before then. So that way, all we have left to do is set everything up! I cannot wait to see it completed.

We start birthing/breastfeeding/infant CPR classes in the beginning of January. We have picked our maternity/newborn photographer. We are pretty sure we have picked out our pediatrician, just need to plan a meeting with him soon. The only thing we are having real trouble with is picking out the baby book! I never thought this would be so difficult! Any mommies out there have a rockin' baby book they want to show off and tell me where to purchase? I like to document EVERYTHING (obviously) so a book that does that well would be ideal. I would really appreciate it!

I continue to feel very well! My only complaints lately are are the swelling and a little bit of indigestion and heartburn, but I really don't think I could have had a better pregnancy so far! Our next appointment is the last 4-weeker. We will start going every two weeks after that. Wow, 30 weeks sounds so much closer to 40 weeks than 29 did!

3 comments:

  1. I love all the Auburn stuff she has!! So precious!
    Glad y'all had a great Christmas!
    30 weeks is so close!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Molly! You know she has to have lots of Auburn attire :) Hopefully, I can tell her that the year she was born, Auburn became the National Champions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sybil I'm so happy for yall I wish yall the very best !!!! Being a mother is the best thing I could have ever asked for and I know you will love every minute of it plus little girls are so much fun !!!!! Best wishes
    Love. Erica Alford Joiner

    ReplyDelete