Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Best Birthday Ever

Yesterday, I turned 26. There was a cake...





a fabulous cake made by a sweet friend! I broke my diet and had two pieces, Yikes! 


There were many amazing gifts-


New Bedding (this is not our bed, I took this in the store). I have been looking FOREVER for the perfect bedding. This picture doesn't do it justice, at all.


Many sweet cards that made me cry happy tears.


Rocking Chairs.


A Coach Bag, Ray Ban Aviators, A Dillard's Gift Card.


                             My Great-Grandmother's Watch.


Flowers. (I only like roses if they are a unique color. I am not a fan of red roses.)

Mom of the Year Award. (which I totally don't deserve but I am so glad that my husband and babies think I do!)


My sweet mom surprised me by coming in town for the weekend. She treated me to a pedicure Sunday. We grilled steaks on Monday for lunch. 


(Look at Asher's Impressive Head Control... And Disregard Leighton's Whiny Facial Expression!) 


And, she kept the babies last night so I could go on a date with my hot hubby!

All of these things helped make my birthday wonderful. What made it the best was this:

I am the wife to my soul mate. The mommy of the two most precious miracles in the universe. Daughter and granddaughter to the best parents, in laws, and grandparents around. The sister to 4 fabulous siblings (whole/half/step), 3 beautiful sisters in law, and 3 great brothers in law. I have the most amazing friends. I have lived more in 26 years than most do in a lifetime. I love and serve an almighty God who guides and blesses me daily. Who has shown me that He is still a God of miracles. He has allowed me to live another year in the life He gave me, that I love and appreciate so much. All of that made this the Best.Birthday.Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment