Thursday, April 4, 2013

Priorities

I had a dream that my new blog design was completed and I was back to blogging like I did in the good old days, before this blog was even born. Heck, before Leighton was born! Then, I woke up to the realization that I have this amazing but very busy two year old, a new house, and a baby on the way very soon and I just laugh.

Priorities. Blogging just hasn't been up there at the top of the list recently, ya'll. And, while this blog IS important to me, to our family, as I'd eventually like to be at the point where I am permanently recording  all of our major happenings as a family, there are just more pressing things going on in our lives right now.

Don't worry, though, we will get there one step at a time. I am mostly ready to have a new design and blog title/address to include our soon to be 4th member of Team McGhee, Asher Greyson. I have the new title and a semi-picture in my head of what I want it all to look like. However, blog design, it just isn't my forte. I have a blog designer from back when I was coupon blogging whom I really like, I just need to get together with her and hammer it all out. Soon. But not right now. Priorities, Remember?

You see, I actually had to write this particular blog post (I always edit and add pictures later so it will be several days until this actually posts) in the middle of the night after getting my stomach virus sick husband back to sleep. Of course, being all 9.5 months full of fetus, I barely sleep at all these days. Sweet hubby was so afraid he was going to get me sick and that we'd have a repeat of Christmas night, he was nervous for me to take care of him. I told him that I would be taking care of him regardless of the risk, and joked, "Hey, if I got sick this time maybe they'd go ahead and get this boy out of me." Kidding, of course. So, as of right now I am just laying here listening to his soft snore and reflecting on the last 7 weeks or so.

Let me back up a bit. It's been almost 2 months since Leighton's second Birthday Bash and it was SO much fun! We did a Sesame Street theme, much to my dismay, because the sweet kiddo is just Obsessed, capital "O", with Elmo. She likes the other characters fine, but Elmo is her favorite for sure. Jeremy and I keep telling ourselves, "At least shes not obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba, right?" And Sesame Street is sort of vintage and teaches her a few good lessons. We both loved it as kids. It works. And she is finally getting in to some other shows like Mickey Mouse, so it's nice not to only hear Elmo's voice when the TV is on. Where was I? Oh yes, the party. It turned out really well thanks to Pinterest and some original ideas of mine. And, the fact that my rock star Hubs made this balloon wreath after my pathetic attempt at it (let's not even discuss that particular disaster.)



Leighton had a blast at her party. Mostly because we rented this.



Best money we spent, by far. All of the kids loved it and were kept very entertained pretty much the whole time. Leighton got out of it long enough to love on some family, blow out her candles and open maybe 2 gifts. So, I'd say it was a hit. Sweet girl was surrounded by so much love that day, all of her grandparents, a couple of greats, mommy and daddy, and several sweet friends. We couldn't love our precious 2 year old any more if we tried, even if she does totally wear.us.out. We are super proud parents!

 We Have a 2 Year Old! 
Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Elmo Really Trashed the House! 
"Abby's Fairy Wands"

Elmo Loves His Goldfish, His Crayon, Too! So, Live Goldfish and a Crayon for Everyone! 


"Rubber Duckie Punch"


Big Bird Cheese


Oscar Veggies 


Elmo and Cookie Monster Fruit! 


The Gang's All Here 

Our Precious 2 Year Old! 

Having a Blast Jumping With Daddy! 


At 2, Leighton is 28 1/2 lbs (70%) and 35 1/2 inches long (90%). She truly amazes us every day. She knows her ABC's, counts to 14 (random number, we know), can sing more songs all the way through than I can count (especially her SEEDS Family Worship songs), talks in sentences more times than not, knows her left from right, can undress herself, loves to read and dance and sing, is learning letters and numbers and colors. She takes one 2-hour nap during the day and sleeps roughly 11 hours at night. I couldn't even begin to guess how many words she knows. When we went to her pediatrician for her 2 year check up they asked if she knew at least 30 words (milestone check). My mom was with me and we both died laughing. I said, "30? Try, like, 300 or more!" And I wasn't exaggerating, this child is a chatty one. I have no idea where she got that from. She wants to know what everything is and will repeat even the most difficult words. Every stranger we meet, (well, to Leighton, no one is a stranger) every one of them comments on how well spoken she is to have just turned 2. She still has the BEST smile. She mostly saves it for her daddy and grandfathers (her favorite men in her life) but occasionally, I get one, like when we baked pies together for Pi day.



For the record, I hate math, but I love any excuse to get in the kitchen with my girl.

I could go on and on about our amazing child of God but there is so much to say and so little time. So, here are a few pictures of her lately:

First Haircut (Took over 2 years to get enough hair to cut.) She did GREAT! Just needed a sucker!


Maundy Thursday Activity with Mommy (John 13: 1-17)


The day after Leighton's Birthday Party, we closed on our new house!! Oh my goodness, we are in love!

We are MUCH closer to Jeremy's work. Our house is the perfect size (4 BR 3.5 BA) for our growing family and we are slowly but surely getting settled in. Ya'll know it's driving my OCD self crazy realizing we probably won't be 100% organized by the time Asher gets here but I am learning to let that go because whether or not every picture is hung in the right spot, our family is so blissfully happy right now! The day we closed on our house, Jeremy was so giddy and was kissing me as we lay on our empty living room floor (something we did when we closed on our first home) and said "I feel like we are newlyweds again, don't you?" Oh, he was so right. It's great to get a fresh start even though we will miss certain things and people in Montgomery forever.

I won't post our new address publicly here but our close friends and family should have received a "We Have Moved Card" looking similar to this just with a little "Sybil" flair. I wrote a cute poem to go on ours.

Moving was hectic to say the least but we had so much help from amazing friends and relatives and are completely moved out of our first home. I don't know of anyone who actually likes moving. The only part I LOVE about moving is purging things we don't need or use. This is harder for Jeremy than it is for me, he can be a bit of a hoarder, but he did SO well. I was amazed at all of the *gasp* beloved computer items he got rid of. Proud wife moment! In the midst of moving was when Leighton had her last apt with our pediatrician and we had to say goodbye to her precious first MDO teachers.




I cried on both occasions. Deb, Laura, and Dr. M were all very special people to us and we will miss them dearly. I also had a diaper shower, shopped consignment for both of my babies Spring and Summer wardrobe (let's not even discuss how many hours that took, but it was a blast, as usual) and had another baby shower. So, it has been crazy but in a good, happy way. I wish I could put in to words all of the joy filling this new home of ours!

Many Sweet Gifts At Asher's Shower 

Food Table- There Was SO Much Food! 

Sister Got a Some Sweet Big Sister Gifts...

But She Still Thought ALL The Gifts Were For Her :)

Precious Cake and Decor 

Taking a Break From Present Opening To Read Her New Book 

Can Anyone Take a Wild Guess As To What His Main Nursery Theme is?



Our Asher is doing really well and hanging in there! We had our last apt with Dr. L at 32 weeks and everything was great! I went to my new Dr. a few days passed 34 weeks and I like her a lot, so far. She is actually nationally recognized for research she did on pre eclampsia! How cool is that? We figured, if I were to get sick again, at least I'd be in really knowledgeable hands. The 34 week apt was good, blood pressure was picture perfect. They did a very looonnggg ultrasound on Asher to look at him for themselves and get measurements on everything. I was most nervous about this apt because 34 weeks was when I got sick with Leighton but no signs of that this time! Yay! Asher weighed approximately 5 lbs at 34 weeks which is what Leighton weighed at birth at 36 weeks. God is blessing us with a big baby boy and putting all of my fears to bed. At 35 weeks everything was still looking good and I had my GBS test. I was elated when the Dr. told me I could wait 2 weeks (37 weeks) to come back. I couldn't believe we were actually going to make it to term with this baby. God is SO good. We got to 37 weeks with no complications and at my apt I was 1 cm dilated, my blood pressure was perfect, and I am GBS negative, which was weird to me since I was positive with Leighton. Good news all around so we will take it! 38 week apt was this past Tuesday and my blood pressure was better than ever and still just 1 cm dilated. We are 38 weeks and 5 days today! I can't believe it! We are getting really excited and anxious for him to get here. We have been looking in to all the natural ways to get him evicted, especially when/ if we make it to 39 weeks. I'd love to just go in to labor naturally and not have to worry with the whole induction process this time but I am so miserable at night time (day times are great!) that I am just not sure about going too far past my due date without an induction. We will take it day by day I guess. We won't be caught off guard this time, though. Hospital bags have been packed and ready to go for weeks, just in case. I even got to make cute gifts for our nurses this time and everything. You know, Priorities.

Our Resurrection Sunday was pretty perfect! Early Church, then some sweet friends over for a fabulous (if I do say so myself) lunch that I prepared at 9.5 months pregnant. I was pretty proud of myself! We even had a vegan guest that I prepared separate food for. It was completely exhausting but oh so good! We weren't able to travel to be with family because of the whole "could go in to labor at any moment" situation, but this was definitely the next best thing! We hope all of our loved ones has a great Easter and remembered that it's about so much more than bunnies and baskets. Thank you, Jesus, for dying for us all and paying for our sins so that we might enjoy eternal life with you in "Heaben," as Leighton would say.












 I will try to post again before Asher gets here but I am not promising anything. The next post may very well be our son's birth story! We covet your prayers on a great delivery and smooth transition in to a family of 4! We are so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment