Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Made My Day


Last week we had Leighton's 18 month pictures and some family pictures taken (a little late, but weather and illness forced some rescheduling). I probably haven't said it enough, how much we love our Photographer, but we are kind of obsessed with her. Her style, attitude, talent, and prices are all phenomenal.

We wanted to do an outdoor photo shoot this time since all of our previous shoots have been in studio, which we love, but wanted a change, especially since it has been so gorgeous outside lately. We went out to a beautiful property in Pike Road (ok, are there properties out there that aren't beautiful?) and Stacy worked her magic, again.

She is always up for my ideas, which I love her for. I love finding cute picture ideas online and on Pinterest and then tweaking them to make them more my own. I have been a "tweaker" for a long time. Seriously, I can't help myself. I tweak everything, especially recipes, to make them a little more "me." This is why I am terrible at baking because instructions usually have to be followed precisely. I am not big on following all the rules, which has led to some serious baking disasters. Which is another blog post for another day.

Anyway, the photo session was a success (minus the 1,000 mosquito bites). No, I haven't seen the pictures yet, but that doesn't matter. I have complete confidence that they will be fabulous as usual (ok, it helps when you have a beautiful daughter and handsome hubby like it do.) As always, when we get the pictures they will go up here and on Facebook.

If I thought I couldn't adore Stacy anymore, I was wrong. Yesterday, she wrote this little gem on my Facebook wall that totally made.my.day: "Sybil, I was just looking at your blog again and wanted to say how much I love it. And not just due to the sweet things you say about the pics or the link you so nicely included but I love how you put it all together and your talent for putting things in to words! Can't wait to see our new pics posted."

Wow. I can't tell you how much that made my day, Stacy. Sometimes I think the only people that read this blog are my parents and a select few friends that I know keep up with it. I once, pretty recently, thought about quitting. Just shutting it down and not writing anymore. For many various and sundry reasons. Jeremy talked some sense in to me and reminded me that I love to write, I am good at it (thanks, baby) and that I write this blog for our family and no one else. At the end of each year I take that year's blog posts and turn them in to a book. Books, I hope that Leighton will really treasure one day. It's so much more detailed than a baby book (and we all know how much I looove details). However, even though I write this just for us, it's nice to know that other people enjoy reading  it as well.

My mother told me all of the time growing up to compliment someone daily (at least) and I have always tried to do that. Today, I challenge you to do the same. Go make someone's day, the same way Stacy made mine!

And because I can never resist re-posting an adoption read, especially from my favorite blogger: here ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment